I am a real criminal defense attorney. I have tried cases to juries from East Lansing to Downriver and from Pontiac to Jackson. Based in Ann Arbor, I have defended against felonies and misdemeanors in 13 circuit courts and 41 district courts.
My experience is diverse. I have represented people from all walks of life, from blue-collar to white-collar, cops to robbers, college students to doctors, professional criminals to first offenders, and everything in-between. I am just as comfortable in a small-town courtroom as I am in Detroit.
My office and practice are no-judgment zones. My job is to get you results, regardless of what you may have done or the charges.
Case types include all sorts of misdemeanors and felonies, firearm charges, criminal sexual conduct, driving under the influence, domestic violence, and every type of assault and battery charge.
I have won many jury and bench trials, obtained multiple dismissals of drunk driving charges, kept people out of prison when their case looked hopeless, and saved countless people from having a criminal record. I have helped over 50 people get their driver’s license privileges restored after too many DUIs.
As your lawyer I will listen to you. Everyone has a unique story and I want to know yours. You will get an attorney who always picks up the phone and promises to call back as soon as possible.
I believe in a commitment to improvement. Each year I spend over a hundred hours in seminars and courses on trial skills, DUI defense, and developing criminal law topics. I am a graduate of the Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan Trial College. Criminal defense lawyers fight the government, a powerful opponent with unlimited resources. A criminal defense lawyer must continually work hard to develop the necessary skills to be up for that fight and that is exactly what I do.
I am active in the legal community. I currently serve as the Vice President of the Washtenaw County Bar Association. I previously served as the co-chair for the Criminal Law Section for two years and as the president of the New Lawyers Section. I am a member of the Michigan Association of OWI Attorneys.
I currently serve as the President of the Washtenaw County Bar Association. I am a member of the Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan and Michigan Association of OWI Attorneys. Outside of work, I spend time with my wife, three-year old son, and one-year old daughter. I enjoy golf and basketball.Real Criminal Defense Experience in Michigan
I have tried cases to juries from East Lansing to Downriver and from Pontiac to Jackson.
Based in Ann Arbor, I have defended against felonies and misdemeanors in 13 circuit courts and 39 district courts.Never Been a Prosecutor
Many criminal defense attorneys advertise their past as prosecutors. The message from former prosecutors is they know the system well because they were a part of the system.
I advertise in the opposite way – I have never been a prosecutor. From the start I have been on your side and never a part of the system that is now against you.Commitment to Improvement
Each year I spend over a hundred hours in seminars and courses on trial skills, DUI defense, and criminal law topics. I am a graduate of the Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan Trial College.
To prove my commitment, check the information below to see my education and you will find that I am an attorney dedicated to providing high quality representation.Contact Us
ArborYpsi Law is located at 2750 Carpenter Rd., Ste 2, Ann Arbor, MI 48108.
J.D., Michigan State University College of Law, 2011
B.S., Eastern Michigan University, 2008
Eastern District of Michigan, 2011
Washtenaw County Bar Association
Member Since: 2011
Michigan Association of OWI Attorneys
Member Since: 2011
Vice President of Washtenaw County Bar Association
Member Since: 2020
Co-Chair Criminal Law Section of Washtenaw County Bar Association
Member Since: 2018
Washtenaw County Bar Association New Lawyers Section
Member Since: 2014
- Spring Conference, Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan, July '22
- Winter Conference, Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan, November '21
- Spring Conference, Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan, July '21
- Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement, Michigan OWI Attorneys, June '21
- Trial Advocacy and Litigation Skills Training Course, National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, May ’20
- Pozner on Cross: Advanced Techniques Using the Chapter Method, NACDL, May ’20.
- Opening Statement Trial Skills Simulation Program, May ’20
- Cross Examination Trial Skills Simulation Program, May ’20
- The DataMaster DMT Fraud and What to Do About It, Michigan Association of OWI Attorneys, Feb ’20
- Bias: Defining It, Exposing It, Crossing On It, Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan, July ’20
- Evidence Extravaganza: How To Rule the Courtroom With Your Evidence Knowledge, CDAM, April ’20
- Awesome Openings and Killer Closings, CDAM, Feb ’20
- DUI Field Sobriety Test Certification, MIAOWIA, Oct ’19
- DUI Trial Skills Workshop, MIAOWIA, Aug ’18
- Trial College graduate, CDAM, Sept ’18
- Cannabis and Cars Seminar, MIAOWIA, May ’19
- Evidence Boot Camp, CDAM, March ’19
- Fall Conference, CDAM, Criminal Sexual Conduct, Nov ’19
- Fall Conference, CDAM, Cross-Examination, Nov ’18
- Spring Conference, CDAM, Forensic Science, Feb ’19
- Spring Conference, CDAM, Advanced Criminal Defense Practice, Feb ’18
- Drug Recognition Evaluator Seminar, CDAM, Sep ’19
- Washtenaw County Public Defender Education Seminars
- Cross-Cultural Lawyering, June ’19
- Motion Writing Workshop, June ’19
- Voir Dire Workshop, Oct ’19
- Medical Marijuana Conference, State Bar, Oct ’16